Monday, April 06, 2009

Belated congrats to the Rays

A long time ago... well, almost 6 months ago actually, I prematurely wrote Nice try Tampa Bay after they blew game 5 at Fenway and got beat by Beckett in game 6.

I am so glad the Rays proved me wrong. Unfortunately, I never got around to eating my words on this page (they tasted very good, by the way) because I got busy with something, and then I started shifting gears to College Basketball which is my passion the other 6 months of the year, so I left that post hanging out there all this time. Any lengthy recap now seems weak at best, to say nothing of the fact that I don't remember all that much about it anymore. I do remember that Matt Garza decided early on to start pitching inside, and the Rays played a lot of good small-ball (assuming I know what that phrase means, which I pretty much don't). I wanted to see them prevail in the World Series, and they almost brought it back to the Trop, but still, to see them top the Red Sox to win the pennant was really something special, and I can't emphasize this enough: it was extra special because they ALSO WON THEIR DIVISION. Florida Marlins, take note, please.

No comments: